A 3-hour workshop with a foraging expert from Forage Box, focusing on winter species with a festive twist, wild mulled wine and a walk from The Station, Richmond
£35 per person
Are you looking to reconnect with nature having spent too much time inside?
Are you having a rethink about your impact on the natural world?
Maybe you want to try to source food from somewhere other than your local supermarket?
Or are you just a food-lover who wants to try new and unique flavours?
This is your chance - find out what delicious wild food grows in typical UK countryside and learn how to forage for yourself!
This course is designed to get you as involved as possible - this includes identifying, picking and tasting a range of wild species that will be found on the day. There will also be lots of samples of food and drink for everyone to get stuck into!
The focus with all of our workshops is on the 4 'F's of Foraging: Fungi, Fruit, Flowers and Foliage. We aim for an array of these elements on every session we run (weather and season permitting!)
Upon completion of the 2-hour walk, we will return to The Station in Richmond where you will be served wild mulled wine (there will also be wild spiced apple juice for those not drinking) and you will also have the chance to buy any last-minute Christmas presents from an array of our wild products we will have with us! Expect wines, spirits, dried mushrooms, spices, chutney and more - all wild/foraged, and all hand-picked and created by us.
What you can expect from your Foraging Workshop:
- a short introduction outlining foraging tips, safety, ethics, etiquette and law.
- a circular walking route taking in different growing environments around Richmond, starting at The Station (expected length 1km-2km with varying footpath terrain)
- a closer look at edible wild species and any poisonous lookalikes by a professional forager.
- small tasters of wild food, drink and preserves. These may include liqueurs, syrups, salts, jams, wines and even freshly-picked items straight from the hedgerow!
- each course is run with in an informal fashion, where attendee questions and contributions are more than welcome
- our foraging workshops can be tailored to suit certain mobility requirements. Please do get in touch in advance of buying your tickets to discuss this further. This venue may have some steeper sections that will not be suitable for all, but please do get in touch to find out whether it would be for you or not.
- a chance to slow the pace of modern life down, meet new people and immerse yourself in a rewarding activity.
Please note: dogs are permitted on this event but must be on a lead at all times and must not impact on anyone's enjoyment of the workshop. Children welcome - please see ticket prices.
Event date: 23/12/2023 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm