10:00 am - 2:00 pm
AN INTRODUCTION TO FORAGING
Workshop with Forage Box Ltd.
A 4-hour workshop with a foraging expert, including ID guidance, finding and tasting wild ingredients and a walk from The Station, Richmond.
Find out what delicious wild food grows in typical UK suburbia and learn how to forage for yourself.
This course is designed to get you as involved as possible - this includes identifying, picking, tasting and cooking with a range of wild plants that will be found on the day. There will also be lots of food and drink for everyone to get stuck into!
What you can expect from your Foraging Workshop:
- a short introduction outlining foraging tips, ethics, etiquette and law
- a circular walking route taking in different growing environments around Richmond, starting at The Station (expected length 1km-2km with varying footpath terrain)
- a closer look at edible wild plants and any poisonous lookalikes by a professional forager with a focus on Summer species.
- small tasters of wild food, drink and preserves. These may include liqueurs, syrups, salts, jams, wines and even freshly-picked items straight from the hedgerow!
- the opportunity to hand-pick seasonal wild ingredients
Please note: dogs are permitted on this event but must be on a lead at all times and must not impact on anyone's enjoyment of the workshop. Children welcome - please see ticket prices.
Event date: 07/08/2022 10:00 am - 2:00 pm