Could you work in The Shop?
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic person to work in our gorgeous shop!
Please send in your CV by 28th July 2017 in order for interviews to commence w/c 7th August.
Job Description – Retail Assistant.
Salary: Minimum Wage
Job Purpose. To assist the Retail Coordinator in the efficient running of the Gallery Shop.
- To deliver the transactions of goods sold linked to sales
- Assist in the receiving and selling of goods.
- Assist with the pricing and setting up of goods to be sold.
- Manage the till and ensure that the float is reconciled at the end of each day.
- Support the Retail coordinator as required and respond to delegated tasks.
- Handle complaints and customer issues.
- Support volunteers with sales of gallery art and Gallery Shop.
- Handle incoming telephone enquiries.
- Actively seek customer feedback and monitor customer satisfaction levels by engaging with members of the public.
- There may be additional duties, within the role.
- Recognise and deal immediately with Health and Safety hazards
- Ensure the toilet facilities are clean and tidy
- Ensure general areas are clean and tidy and information is displayed in a professional manner and adheres to The Station branding policies.
- Keep all sales area clean and tidy and stock in an orderly manner.
- Handle incoming enquiries and provide information, by email, in person and by telephone; take details and then pass to the relevant team member to action.
- Experience of working in a customer based service.
- Be numerate and literate.
- Some knowledge of art and design.
- Ability to understand customer needs.
- Ability to motivate and engage with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Follow procedures and processes pertaining to the sales and exhibits.
- Be organised timely and methodical.
- Be confident to work alone.