The Victorian former railway station is still serving visitors and locals alike.
Trains started running along The York and Newcastle Railway's branch line from Dalton to Richmond in September 1846.
Over the decades, tourists, soldiers, farm produce, coal, flagstones, cattle, sheep and horses came and went, but the station eventually closed in March 1969.
The Station began a new chapter following redevelopment under Richmondshire Building Preservation Trust in 2007. With its heart in the community; offering classes, clubs, groups, talks and tours, The Station is also home to a number of tenant businesses and is a popular gallery space for exhibiting artists.
The trains and track may be long gone, but The Station continues to serve local people and visitors to Richmond.
50 - commemorating fifty years since the closure of Richmond Station
View our specially commissioned heritage video here.