Could you be our next Gallery & Room Bookings Co-ordinator?
We are looking for a highly organised and motivated individual to join our friendly team. The role requires you to handle the day-to-day running of the gallery and room booking calendars, as well as working closely with other staff members on larger projects and events.
- Manage the booking of exhibitions and room hire; identify opportunities for income generation, maximising the commercial potential of exhibition space to meet income targets, budgets and footfall projections.
- Liaise with artists to ensure gallery related events (e.g. previews) are organised, including the hanging and taking down of exhibitions
- Provide clear and comprehensive sales information for each exhibition.
- Take the lead on gallery set up in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all sales procedures and accompanying contractual documents are completed.
- Ensure that the closure of exhibitions and events procedures are followed.
2. Room Hire
- Receive queries for all gallery and room hire and supply relevant information to the customer.
- Co-ordinate the calendar, liaising with the Finance Co-ordinator and Building Manager to ensure the room set up meets specifications.
- Ensure that the customer is aware of all health and safety and fire regulations.
5. Operations Support
- Engage with the general public, ensuring visitors have a positive experience at The Station.
- Respond to telephone and email queries.
- Support all visitors and exhibitors in following policies and procedures.
- Be aware of the general cleanliness of the building and respond accordingly.
- Support volunteers in dealing with queries from the members of the public.
- Assist with disabled access if required.
There may be additional duties which will be delegated by the General manager.
To work closely with team members and volunteers.
Be organised, timely and methodical, with an ability to work independently.
Actively engage with the public.
Be able to work under pressure.
Follow procedures and processes relating to art sales and exhibitions.
Be able to work some evenings/weekends when required for previews and events.
Terms and Conditions
18 hours per week - days to be discussed at interview.
Salary: £9.66 per hour.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 3rd July 2019 12pm